Bridge cranes are hoisting equipment installed horizontally above workshops, warehouses, and stockyards to lift materials. Because its ends rest on tall concrete columns or metal supports, it is shaped like a bridge. The bridge crane bridge runs longitudinally along the rails laid on both sides of the viaduct, which can make full use of the space under the bridge to lift materials without being hindered by ground equipment. It is the most widely used and the most numerous hoisting machinery.
The composition of the bridge cranes.
Bridge cranes are generally composed of mechanical, electrical, and metal structures. The bridge crane is a single-span slab, supported on two parallel elevated cane rails at both ends, and moves horizontally.
1. Mechanical part: It is divided into three parts: lifting mechanism, trolley running mechanism, and cart running mechanism. The lifting mechanism is used to lift the goods vertically, the trolley running mechanism is used to carry the lateral movement, and the trolley running mechanism is used to move the trolley and goods vertically in three-dimensional space to carry and unload the goods.
There are several driving modes for the operating mechanism of the bridge crane, which we have introduced before, including split drive, multi-drive, and three-in-one drive.
2. Metal structure: composed of bridges and small frames.
3. Electrical part: It consists of electrical equipment and circuits.
Bridge crane structure:
1. Bridge: It consists of two main girders, two end girders, platforms, guardrails, and other parts. There are two structures box type and truss.
2. Cart running mechanism: It is composed of a motor, brake, reducer, coupling, transmission shaft angular bearing box, wheels, and so on.
3. Lifting trolley: It consists of a trolley frame, a lifting structure, and a trolley running mechanism.
4. The lifting structure of the bridge crane is composed of a motor, brake, transmission shaft, coupling, reducer, drum, fixed pulley block, and wire rope. Single brake and double brake.
5. Driver’s cab: the place where the crane operator works. Equipped with control equipment (linkage table or cam controller), power distribution protection box, signaling device, and lighting equipment. The crane cannot be started until the hatch is closed. This way, personal accidents can be avoided when someone is working or driving before entering the cab